Map iconPlan a trip

Need help? Get maps and destinations on our trip planner pages ยป

  • Leaving on :
  • Leaving at : hours


Concessionary fares

Concessionary Passes are the free bus passes provided to older people in Jersey

Holders of a Concessionary Pass issued in Jersey receive free travel on any service on production of this card. The driver will check the customer’s destination and provide a ticket – at no cost – which should be kept for the journey.

Current holders of concessionary passes

If you already have a Concessionary Pass that was issued before 2 January 2013 - the start of the LibertyBus service - you can continue to use your pass as normal until it expires.

Renewing your Concessionary Pass

After 1 February 2013, when your Concessionary Pass expires, simply visit us at Liberation Station with your old pass as we’ll issue you with a new Concessionary Pass while you wait. If your pass is due to expire in January 2013 – or has already expired – you can use your old pass all through January 2013 until our new system is up and running.

New free bus passes for older people

Exactly as before, older Jerseymen and women are entitled to free travel on the Island’s buses. If you meet one or more of the criteria below, we will issue you with your Concessionary Pass. To receive your Concessionary Pass, you must be:

  • A permanent resident of Jersey aged 65 or over, or
  • A permanent resident of Jersey in possession of a Jersey Social Security pension card or:
  • A woman born in Jersey prior to 1 January 1959 aged 60 or over in possession of a Jersey Social Security pension card or a birth certificate

Applying for your Concessionary Pass

After 1 February 2013, you will need to visit our Customer Service and Information Centre at Liberation Station in St Helier to apply for your pass. We are introducing a ‘while-you-wait’ process that allows us to issue concessionary passes immediately to eligible older people at Liberation Station – so you won’t have to wait for your card to arrive by post.

You will need to bring the following documentation with you:

  • Proof of residence (a utility bill or bank statement)
  • Proof of identity (one of: Passport, Jersey driving licence, Jersey Social Security pension card or birth certificate)

If your eligibility for a card depends on you having a particular type of identification – for example, “A woman born in Jersey prior to 1 January 1959 aged 60 or over in possession of a Jersey Social Security pension card or a birth certificate”, then please make sure you bring that with you.

If you become entitled to your Concessionary Pass for the first time during January 2013, you can still apply using the old system and should ask for the form at Liberation Station, Parish Offices and Post Offices.

Health Insurance Exception (HIE) travel passes

HIE travel passes will continue to be valid for free travel. When these expire, they can be renewed using exactly the same process as for concessionary passes.

Concessionary Passes not issued in Jersey

Unfortunately, UK Concessionary Passes are not valid in Jersey because there is no agreement between the UK and Jersey governments. However, we do have a wide range of unlimited travel passes which provide excellent value for money if you are planning to travel extensively by bus.


Your feedback

Please help us to improve our service by letting us know what you think. If you'd like us to get back to you about your comment, don't forget to leave your name and contact details.