Summer timetable starts today
The new LibertyBus summer timetable starts today - with a Saturday service for the Bank Holiday
The timetable has been developed using extensive feedback from the public. In addition to taking on board responses from the public consultation, LibertyBus has also been listening to the travelling public at Parish meetings. Events were held in St Brelade, St Martin’s and St Helier, plus a meeting with residents of the Chestnut Lea area to discuss improvements to the Route 20.
The new timetable features:
- a ‘park-and-ride’ initiative developed in partnership with the Parish of St John that sees some peak hour journeys on Route 25 and 27 extended to serve Les Fontaines car park
- the reintroduction of Route 14 for the summer
- a revised timetable for Route 20 with an earlier first journey, later last journey and amended departure times during the daytime to ensure punctuality and reliability.
- Route 15 and Route 1 will both now have four buses per hour in each direction with a frequency of 15 minutes (except Sundays which will be two buses per hour)
Kevin Hart, General Manager, LibertyBus, said “The new LibertyBus summer timetable aims to combine the normal increase in capacity for the summer with the ideas, innovations and feedback of the travelling public. We will continue with our public consultations for our next timetable in September 2013 as they help us shape the network as a whole for the Island.”
You can download the new timetable here (large file) - and individual route timetables here.
Other service improvements in the summer timetable include:
- Route 1A: A morning peak journey diverted to call at Green Road and The Dicq and a Sunday service on the 1A for the Summer.
- Route 2: 8 departures during the day to St Catherine and a Sunday service in the Summer.
- Route 4: A Sunday timetable for the first time
- Routes 8 and 9: Additional peak hour journeys to and from St Ouen’s Village.
- Routes 8 and 9: On Mondays to Saturdays, five Route 8 day-time journeys now continue to Plemont. On Sundays, nine day-time Route 9 journeys will continue to Plemont
- Route 12A: 8 departures on a Sunday.
- Route 14 (St Helier to St Brelade’s Bay): Reintroduced for summer 2013, operating up to twice per hour, seven days a week
- Route 21: increase in frequency to 8 departures Monday – Saturday.
- LibertyLink 22: Calling at Jersey Lavender on every journey.
- LibertyLinks 23, 28 and 29: Additional journeys added to three LibertyLink services which operate 7 days a week
- Route 29: Increased frequency to once per hour with most journeys continuing beyond Durrell to Gorey Pier, via St Martin’s Public Hall. The route 29 has now been diverted to go via St Mary’s Country Inn.
The timetable finishes on 29 September 2013.